Map of Richmond School Zone
From information provided at the nzschools website, there is no current written description for this school’s enrolment scheme and/or home zone available.
Richmond School is located in Richmond, Tasman or Richmond, Nelson (article about that here).
You can find the website for Richmond School here.
All students who live within the home zone described below (and shown on the attached map) shall be eligible to enrol at the school.
The home zone as described below includes both sides of the road unless otherwise stated.
- Starting from the intersection of Main Road Hope (SH6) with Appleby Highway (SH60) commonly known as 3 Brothers Corner, the home zone extends to McShane Road along the NE side of Appleby Highway, then continues;
- NE direction along the SE side of McShane Road to the NE side of Lower Queen Street, then continues;
- SE along Lower Queen Street to the NE side of Headingly Lane, then continues;
- NE direction along the NW side of Headingly Lane to the edge of Waimea Inlet, then continues;
- In a SE direction following the edge of Waimea Inlet and across to the back of Salisbury School (please refer to map). This area encompasses Stratford Street, Beach Road, Lammas Street, Cargill Place, Fittal Street and McPherson Street), then continues;
- In a SW direction across DArcy Street (including #30 DArcy) and along the SE side of Elizabeth Street, then continues;
- In a SE direction along the NE side of Talbot Street to Salisbury Road, then continues;
- In a SW direction along the SE side of Salisbury Road to Queen Street, then continues;
- In a SE direction along the NE side of Queen Street to Windleborn Place, then continues;
- In a SW direction along the SE side of Windleborn Place and cutting across to Valhalla Drive properties (excluding Cresswell Place properties), then continues;
- Around the outside edge of Valhalla Drive, Valhalla Close, Valhalla Lane, Cushendale Rise, George Kidd Street, Birdling Close, Milne Place back to Hill Street, then continues;
- In a SW direction along the SE side of Hill Street encompassing Hillplough Heights, Hugh Brown Place, Hart Road, Kings Rise, Faraday Place to 491 Hill Street, then continues;
- In a N direction across to the SW side of 7 Paton Road (refer to map), then continues;
- In a SW direction on the SE side of Paton Road to the SW corner of 43 Paton Road, then continues;
- Across the road in the NW direction along the W side of 52 Paton Road and 51 Main Road Hope, then continues;
- In a NE direction along the SE side of Main Road Hope back to the intersection of Main Road Hope (SH6) with Appleby Highway (SH60) commonly known as 3 Brothers Corner.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority:
First Priority This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, Selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions by the
Secretary. Under Section 11G (1) on the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
For a full list of schools in Nelson and Tasman:
Tasman District Schools
For more information on Nelson and Tasman school zones where you can zoom in to find exact streets you can search on the nzschools website.
This map was a screen shot from http://nzschools.tki.org.nz/ and although we endeavour to keep them up to date we take no responsibility for providing information that may have changed since we provided this information. We suggest you do your own due diligence to check for accuracy.
About the Author: The above information on Richmond School Zone is provided by Brent Palmer, a local leader in the field of Richmond and Nelson Real Estate sales, marketing, advanced technology for home selling, and social media. You can contact Brent Palmer here, or at 027 544 9921.
He has helped many people buy and sell homes in the Nelson, Stoke and Richmond areas for years, and would love the opportunity to help you as well.
Thinking of selling your home? I have a real passion for helping people sell their homes in our Nelson and Tasman Region, as well as the marketing, social media & advanced technology for home selling that goes along with it. I’d love to have the opportunity to sit down with you discuss how we can work together to get you the best price.
I help people buy and sell real estate in the following Nelson and Tasman towns & neighbourhoods: Wakefield, Brightwater, Hope, Appleby, Redwood Valley, Mapua, Stoke, Tahunanui, Atawhai and of course, Richmond and Nelson City. Connect with Brent on Facebook and pretty much everywhere else.
Know someone who needs help with real estate? Be rewarded and REFER them here